HTC Snap Mobile Phone
is one of HTC's most recent Smartphones. Take a closer look at this phone and you will not be able to help comparing it with Nokia E63 Smartphone
. The form factor, features, design are very similar. There are some differences too. A brief comparison is given below.
- Both smartphones have a monoblock, slim structure.
Keyboard and overall design
Either of the phones have 4-rowed QWERTY keyboards. There is a central tracker on each of the devices for scrolling and navigation. They both have 'enter' keys featured on their keyboards as well.
There are however a few differences. In the HTC Snap model, almost all keys are multi-purposed. The numeric keys are located on the left hand side of the keyboard. Also, the keys are laid in a skewed manner (not one below the other), so as to allow easy operation, without pressing the unintended keys. This feature is specially useful for people with big fingers. On the other hand, the Nokia E63 model has the numeric keys located in the centre of the keyboard. The rows have keys laid one below the other and not all keys are multi-purposed.
- The Nokia smartphone has a 2.36" display with a resolution of 320 x 240 pixels. The HTC smartphone has a screen with the same resolution and measures 2.4" diagonally.
- Nokia E63 has an internal user memory of 110MB. HTC Snap has a larger in-house memory of 192MB. Both the devices have microSD card slots for memory expansion.
Operating System and Processor
- While the HTC Snap runs on Windows Mobile 6.1 Standard edition and incorporates the Qualcomm 528MHz processor, the Nokia E63 ships with the native Symbian 9.2 OS and ARM 369MHz processor.
Networking and Connections
- Both these cell phones have similar networking abilities. Quad-band GSM, EDGE, GPRS, high speed 3G technologies are supported by either of them. Bluetooth capability is featured by both too. WiFi connectivity is offered by these cell-phones as well. Both devices are also GPS enabled. The Nokia
hand-set has a full speed micro-USB connector and a 3.5mm standard AV connector. The HTC hand-set features an HTC ExtUSB connector which can be used as an 11-pin USB port and an audio jack.
- Another common feature of these phones, is the camera they possess. 2 Megapixel cameras have been integrated into both the camera phones.
The HTC phone gives the following battery lives:-
WCDMA talk-time - 5 hours
GSM talk-time - 8 hours & 30 minutes
WCDMA stand-by - 20 days
GSM stand-by - 16 days
The Nokia phone battery specs are as follows:-
WCDMA talk-time - up to 4 hours & 40 minutes
GSM talk-time - up to 11 hours
WCDMA stand-by - 20 days
GSM stand-by - 18 days
Dimensions, Weight and Colours
- The HTC model measures 116.5mm by 61.5mm by 12mm and weighs 120g. The Nokia model measures 113mm by 59mm by 13mm and weighs 126g. Thus the Nokia set is slightly thicker and heavier. However, the difference is so less that you might not even notice it. On the colours front, the HTC handset comes in a black encasing, while the Nokia handset comes in a combination of red & black or blue & black.
HTC Snap Smartphone
and Nokia E63 Mobile Phone
serve similar purposes too. They help you stay connected with ease, to the people who matter and simplify organisation of daily tasks. Nokia offers access to some of their native services like Ovi and Nokia Music store for downloading music and a variety of other information. HTC Snap has a feature called the HTC Inner Circle which helps organise most frequently used contacts in a way that you can get in touch with them quickly and easily.
Find exclusive mobile phone deals
and read expert reviews on latest models.